The Growing Brain: Communication & Language Development - Thurston County
Communication starts at birth! Children use facial expressions, gestures, and sounds to let us know how they are feeling. Communication skills begin to develop in early infancy but take years to fully develop. A caregiver's vital role begins when children are young babies. Come and learn how language skills develop in the brain, how using "parentese" benefits babies, and exactly why it is important to both talk and listen to young children. This class explains the reasons behind the push to talk to children!
Instructor: Connie Dougherty, M.Ed., CDA# 2: Physical & Intellectual Development, Core Competency Area I: child Growth & Development, Child Development Level # 3
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia, WA WA-98501
|Class Fee||$ 30.00|