NEW! Promoting Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Early Childhood Settings - Kitsap County
This class is for center and FCC child care providers. During the early years, children form habits that last into adulthood. There are many opportunities for early childhood educators to work with families to support healthy starts for this population. Three early childhood organizations and the local public health district have partnered to develop a toolkit focused on healthy eating and physical activity. This toolkit has been implemented in all of the Head Start/Early Head Start classrooms in Kitsap County and is ready to be shared with other childcare settings across the county. This presentation will include a walk through the toolkit with hands-on exercises and a share-out of implementation experiences and lessons learned. Participants will receive one copy of the resource toolkit, as well as a children's game on a handy lanyard (one set per facility).
Instructor: Karen Boysen-Knapp, Healthy Communities Specialist, Kitsap Public Health District, CDA# 2: Physical & Intellectual Development, Core Competency Area II: Curriculum & Learning Environment, Child Development Level #3
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
5002 Kitsap Way
Bremerton, WA 98312
|Class Fee||$ 15.00|