FCC Providers: Supporting Child Outcomes with the WA State ELGS - Thurston County
This is an advanced class for licensed family childcare providers who want to utilize child assessments to observe children’s play and routines, collect evidence of learning and development, and reflect on children’s progress. This is a 2-part class being held on Sept. 3 and Oct. 1 that supports Early Achievers by addressing the Quality Standards for Child Outcomes. Signing up for the Sept. 3 class registers you in both. What if you had an easy-to-use, cost-effective assessment toolkit with resources to individualize teaching and showcase the growth of children? If you want an assessment toolkit that is aligned with Washington State's Early Learning and Development Guidelines (ELGs) and WA Kids, then this class is for you. Come learn how to use children’s developmental profiles, observations of children’s play, and samples of children’s work to plan and create individualized curriculum and collaborate with parents. Class will include time to practice collecting evidence through video observation of children.
Instructor: Debbie Roberts, M.A., CDA# 7: Child Observation, Core Competency Area III: Ongoing Measurement of Child Progress, Child Development Level # 3-4
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia, WA WA-98501
|Class Fee||$ 40.00|