NEW! Building Family Connections - Thurston County
In the rush of an active learning environment and a parent’s busy day, communication at drop-off and pick-up can be strained. Even newsletters and family nights may get overlooked despite a family’s best intentions. Families and teachers both want open, clear communication, but so many daily things get in the way. Come discuss a variety of strategies to engage families in your program, strengthen positive relationships, and build a foundation for communicating about children’s development and behavior. Discover new ways to get to know each family’s goals for their children, cultural traditions, and the strategies they use at home. Children notice when their teachers and parents talk to one another and are more comfortable in childcare when they see their family and culture in the environment. It takes a village to raise a child and you and the families you work with are that village!
Instructor: Susan Burnham, M.i.T., CDA# 4: Families, Core Competency Area IV: Family & Community Partnerships Child Development Level # 2
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia, WA WA-98501
|Class Fee||$ 20.00|