Trauma-Informed Early Learning - Thurston County
It's the little boy who bangs his head on the wall. It's the 4-year-old girl who throws the chair in anger. It's the 2-year-old who hits, bites, pushes, and falls down in a rapid melt-down. These could be the faces of traumatized children. Come explore the impact of trauma on children and gain insight into why some children behave the way they do. Even if you don't know the source of the trauma, you can use what you observe to support harmed children in a "trauma-informed" manner. This is an advanced class for those ready to reflect on the complex root sources of behavior, as they relate to trauma. Those who complete it will receive tools and strategies to use with young children, as well as a free copy of Barbara Sorrels' book, "Reaching and Teaching Children Exposed to Trauma."
Instructor: Heidi DeVries, M.Ed., CDA# 3: Social & Emotional Development, Core Competency Area VI: Interactions& Area I: Child Development Level # 4
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds given after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia, WA WA-98501
|Class Fee||$ 30.00|