NEW for Directors! "The Visionary Director" Book Club - Thurston County
CCAC is excited to offer directors a book club utilizing the popular book, "The Visionary Director, (2nd ed.)" by Margie Carter and Deb Curtis. Due to grant funding, a copy of the book will be provided to each participant. This book, often used in college courses, is easy-to-read, inspiring, and practical. It is written to motivate leaders to create a larger vision in their programs, by reflecting on why they are in the field of early learning. The book contains practical strategies to support the 3 roles of the director: building and supporting community; coaching and mentoring; and managing and overseeing. Participants will be required to read 20-30 pages between monthly sessions. Other pages will be covered in class. The book and reading assignments will be provided upon paid registration. Please register early in order to have time to read before Feb. 14! Book discussions will be Feb. 14, Mar. 14, April 11, and May 9.
NOTE: THIS IS A MULTI-DAY CLASS. BY REGISTERING FOR THE 2/14 CLASS, YOU ARE ENROLLED FOR ALL CLASS DAYS.
Instructor: Susan Burnham, M.i.T., CDA# 6: Professionalism, Core Competency Area VIII: Professional Development & Leadership, Level # 4
- Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
- Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
- Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
- Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
- Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class. No refunds give after the noon deadline.
- We love children, but not at our classes, please!!
3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia, WA WA-98501
|Class Fee||$ 60.00|