It's the little boy who bangs his head on the wall. It's the 4-year-old girl who throws the chair in anger. It's the 2-year-old who hits, bites, pushes, and falls down in a rapid melt-down. These could be the faces of traumatized children. Come explore the impact of trauma on children and gain insight into why some children behave the way they do. Even if you don't know the source of the trauma, you can use what you observe to support harmed children in a "trauma-informed" manner. Leave with tools and strategies to use with the young children in your care.
Instructor: Heidi DeVries, M.Ed., CDA #3: Social & Emotional Development, Area I: Child Growth and Development, Level #2 (1 hour); Area VI: Interactions, Level #2 (1 hour)
· Registration is required 48 hours prior to class.
· Registration and payments are not accepted at class.
· Those arriving more than 15 minutes late will not receive a certificate or refund.
· Class cancellations will be posted on our training calendar, and registrants will be notified.
· Full refunds will only be issued by calling and cancelling registration by 12 p.m. the day before class.
· Please contact Nancy Hobson at (360) 786-8907 ext. 100 with any questions.
Conference Center: Squi-Aitl Room
|Class Fee||$ 20.00|