Infant Toddler Consultant and Trainier
The mission of Child Care Action Council is to promote and nurture early learning communities where families and children thrive.
Position Title: Infant Toddler Consultant and Trainer (full-time)
Reports to: CCAC Professional Development Administrator
Office Location: Olympia, WA
Starting Salary: Typically $21.64-$23.19 per hour
Benefits: Health insurance (75% employer paid,) dental and vision are provided starting the 1st day of the month following hire. Employer paid retirement plan, paid sick, vacation and holidays provided.
Purpose of Position:
The Early Learning Consultant and Trainer is responsible for providing services, support, and guidance to infant and toddler professionals in licensed child care centers and homes. The work is focused on improving provider-child interactions and overall quality of care. The individual in this position will also write and/or teach curricula to participants who attend CCAC workshops and conferences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use the Filming Interactions to Nurture Development (FIND) model to coach infant and toddler early learning professionals on the importance of “serve and return”
- Use the Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS) and the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) to coach infant and toddler professionals toward quality improvement
- Assist child care facilities in using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) screening tool
- Effectively teach adults in a classroom setting
- Complete reports and manage data on an ongoing basis
- Travel regularly to appointments, meetings, classes, and professional training
- Maintain provider, family, and child confidentiality
- A B.A. in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Knowledge of birth to 5 development and developmentally appropriate practice
- Two years’ experience working with infants or toddlers in a group setting
- Professional experience teaching adults individually and in groups
- Professional experience coaching or mentoring others in the field of early learning
- Knowledge of local early learning, family, and child resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to give and receive critical feedback
- Experience using a computer for communication, documentation and research
The selected candidate must:
- Test and demonstrate reliability on the Toddler CLASS within 60 days of receiving training
- Attend training and demonstrate fidelity using the FIND model of coaching
- Attend training, or present evidence of past training, on the ITERS
- Be, or become, a MERIT-approved trainer
- Successfully pass a thorough background check
- Hold a current, valid driver’s license
- Have reliable personal transportation and vehicle liability insurance
Qualified and interested parties should mail a cover letter and resume to Connie@ccacwa.org Review of applications will begin on January 12th, position will remain open until filled.
Child Care Action Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Please see our Community Job Board for multiple child care and ECE job opportunities within our area.
Thanks for your interest!