Bilingual Parent Educator/Home Visitor
(post date: 2/15/2019)
Position Title: Bilingual English/Spanish Parent Educator/Home Visitor (full-time)
Reports to: CCAC Family Services Program Manager
Office Location: Olympia, WA, Traveling to client homes in Mason County
Starting Salary: Typically $18.39 to 19.71 - per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Health insurance (75% employer paid,) dental and vision are provided starting the 1st day of the month following hire. Employer paid retirement plan, paid sick, vacation, and holidays provided.
Purpose of Position:
Home visiting Parent Educator will work collaboratively with families who have low-income to achieve successful outcomes for expectant mothers, infants, toddlers, and preschool children of all backgrounds and abilities. Parent Educators will use the Parents as Teachers (PAT) program model and other curricula as appropriate to support parents as their child’s ‘first and most important” teacher. Extensive training will be provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement all elements of Parents as Teachers national curriculum
- Recruit families most in need of home-based parent education services primarily from Mason County
- Use the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) screening tool and other tools with families
- Complete extensive reports and perform data entry functions on an ongoing timely basis
- Travel regularly to appointments in family’s home
- Ensure meetings and one-on-one interactions are respectful of each family’s diversity and cultural background
- Host group meetings
- Maintain family and child confidentiality
- Minimum of AA Degree, BA preferred in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Six months of experience in early childhood education/family services is preferred
- Must be bilingual fluent in Spanish and English
- Must possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and educational materials
- Must be organized, display strong time management abilities and demonstrate an attention to detail to effectively meet client and program needs
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule in order to fulfill job functions and program responsibilities including occasional weekend and evening hours
- Must interact sensitively, effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, economic, racial, ethnic and professionals backgrounds, and persons of all ages and lifestyles
- Knowledge of local early learning, family, and child resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a computer for communication, documentation, and research
The selected candidate must:
- Attend training in Parents as Teachers model, often out of state
- Successfully pass a thorough background check
- Hold a current, valid driver’s license
- Maintain Food Handlers, CPR and First Aid certification
- Have reliable personal transportation and vehicle liability insurance (mileage will be reimbursed)
To apply: Please send resume including three professional references, and letter of interest
Attn: Fran Williams, Family Services Program Manager.
By email: email@example.com
Or by mail: 3729 Griffin Lane SE
Olympia WA 98501
Review of applications will begin on March 4, 2019 and position will remain open until filled.
Child Care Action Council is an equal opportunity employer.